Student Ambassador Mission
The New Jersey Technology Council’s Student Ambassador Program’s mission is to increase the NJ Tech Council’s presence on college campuses and student involvement in NJ Tech Council’s events. Through Student Ambassadors the NJ Tech Council reaches out to the next generation of leaders in New Jersey in order to cultivate an interest in NJTC’s mission of providing business support, networking opportunities, education, advocacy, and recognition of tech and life science companies and their leaders.
What is a NJTC Student Ambassador?
NJ Tech Council Student Ambassador reaches out and engages with fellow students and their surrounding community to introduce and help build the NJ Tech Council’s community presence. Ambassadors will help their community become more familiar with the NJ Tech Council events, and NJTC’s mission. This is done by promoting the NJ Tech Council through regular social media posts, sharing relevant announcements about NJ Tech Council with classmates, and sharing information with professors or advisors.
The NJ Tech Council would like to showcase some of our top-achieving Student Ambassadors and some of their accomplishments.
I am a junior at Rutgers University with an ITI major and psychology minor. I will be graduating in May 2017. When I was first contacted by NJ Tech Council, I was curious to what their organization achieves and how they contribute to our technologically-driven society. I was impressed by their ability to connect tech companies with financial solutions, channels for recognition, business development, and educational opportunities. The Student Ambassador Program has provided me with the opportunity to be a representative of the promotion of growth, innovation and business solutions in a world where technology is the root of our everyday lives.
Muhammad Bilal Butt
I am currently studying Business Information Systems at New Jersey Institute of Technology on course to graduate next May 2016. My plans are to work as a Business Analyst or in Project Management once I graduate in either the health care or in technology. Being part of Student Ambassador Program for the Tech Council has been a privilege and a great opportunity to meet other students and industry experts with the same interest as me and to further my knowledge on the impact of technology.
I am a student at Rutgers New Brunswick studying Information Technology and Informatics, while working as a substitute teacher at Franklin High School in Somerset. I especially enjoy teaching Computer Applications, Physical Education, and English Literature. Though I am focused on my education, I continue my interest in emerging technological infrastructures across the world. I look forward to a career in cyber security and aspire to be the CIO of a technology firm. Some of my favorite activities are personal studies in finance, travels to New York City, and photography.
The New Jersey Tech Council is always seeking new Student Ambassadors. This is a great opportunity for students to network with the technology and life sciences communities, add this position and social media skills to their resume and gain recognition and prizes for top performance.
The New Jersey Tech Council is seeking to raise awareness on college campuses of technology and innovation. The Council, a nonprofit trade association, wants to reach out to the next generation of leaders in the state and get them involved in the technology and entrepreneurial ecosystems (One-Page Flyer.pdf). Ambassadors will be emailed weekly with tasks, suggestions and updates.
Student Ambassador Responsibilities
- Promote NJ Tech Council events on Social Media
- Promote Tech Council events in the classroom; share with faculty/administrators; and make announcements at relevant classes
- Promote Tech Council events at on campus tech/entrepreneurial events such as Tech MeetUps (if on campus)
- Promote the Student Ambassador program to other students
- Get to know and support other ambassadors at your school
- Organize one event for students each academic year such as a Tech Meetup, workshop or social event (optional)
- As a Student Ambassador, you can list yourself as a NJ Tech Council Social Media Ambassador on your resume as well as improve your social media skills.
- You will also have networking opportunities with other ambitious students, entrepreneurs and industry executives and the opportunity to attend exclusive Tech Council events.
- With the Council, you can make valuable business contacts with local and regional tech and life science companies which can lead to internships or jobs.
- Top performers will have recognition on the Council’s website in the “Ambassador Spotlight”
- There will be competitions each semester where top Student Ambassadors can win prizes like an iPad or gift certificates.